Address: Keppoch Road, Culloden, Inverness, IV2 7LL

Email: [email protected]

Culloden Medical Practice

01463 793777


We take complaints very seriously.  If you have a complaint or concern about the service from the GPs or any of the staff who work in the Practice, please let us know.  We operate a Practice Complaints Procedure as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints.  This system meets national criteria.

How to Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be solved this way and you wish to raise it further, we ask that you do this as soon as possible.  This would ideally be within a matter of days or at the most weeks. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

Complaints should be addressed to Mrs T Jones, Practice Manager.  She will ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.  It will be of most help that you are as specific as possible about the details of your complaint.  This can be emailed or delivered to the Practice in a sealed envelope.

What we will do

We will endeavour to acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and investigate this within 10 working days from the date this was raised.  In investigating we aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Enable you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Ensure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to ensure this problem does not arise again.

Complaining on behalf of another patient

Due to strict rules of patient confidentiality, we will not be able to acknowledge this unless you have proof you gained the patient’s permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned should be provided, unless there is legal documents such as guardianship or power of attorney in place.

Taking your complaint further

We hope that if you ever have a problem that you raise this with ourselves.  We believe this gives us the best chance to resolve your complaint.  However, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or if you are unhappy with the resolve, you should contact the Scottish Ombudsman on 0800 377 7330 or send a letter to The Scottish Public Service Ombudsman, Edinburgh, EH3 0BR.